

llanfairpwllgwyngyllgoerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogoch is a large village on the island of Anglesey , an island very close to the shores of Wales . It has the longest name in all of Europe and has one of the longest names in the whole world. It has 58 characters in it's name (51 characters if you count ll or ch as one letter like the Welsh). Although the name in not authentic because it was renamed in the 1860s so it can have the longest name of any rail station in Britain . As of 2001 the population was 3040.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgoerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogoch has a very long history. a settlement has existed there since the Neolithic era thousands of years ago. For most of this time it relied on fishing and agriculture. The area was taken over and ruled by the Romans, only briefly abandoned to consolidate forces to fight off a rebellion in eastern England . When the Romans withdrew their forces during the end of Roman Britain the area fell under control of the kingdom of Gwynedd . Under the feudal system the farmers worked on small farms for the king. The area was then reorganized into the earldom of Uxbridge, then under the Marques of Anglesey in the 16th century. In 1826 it was connected to the rest of Wales with the construction of the Menai suspension bridge and in 1850it was connected with London after the construction of the Britannia bridge. The village went on to become a hub of commerce as railways and road networks bring traders and customers from all across northern Wales .
